In addition to his invaluable knowledge, we will remember Viktor as a very cheerful and humorous person, sometimes with melancholy when he was referring to his Papuan sisters and brothers. Viktor was speaking so many languages and constantly acting as a link, introducing people to each other, integrating everyone and giving the necessary explanations to newcomers. We are sad, terribly sad. We still would need him. The memory of his enthusiasm will persist and inspire our work.
Our heartfelt sympathy and highest respect for him and his work.
- Aktionsgruppe Indianer & Menschenrechte e.V.
- Climate Alliance of European cities with Indigenous Rainforest Peoples
- Friends of Peoples close to Nature
- Institut für Kirche und Gesellschaft / Evangelische Akademie Villigst
- Society for Threatened Peoples Germany
- Working Circle Indians Today – Germany
- Herbert Barthel
- Renate Domnick
- Simone Königer
- René Kuppe
- Theodor Rathgeber
- Sabine Speiser
- Elke Sprenger-Thiel